The Dance Conservatory of Maryland has been training dancers in Fallston, Maryland since it was founded in 1996. Since this time, DCM has grown to be a school that embraces all dance disciplines and offers dance classes in all styles of dance with a pre-professional ballet program of the highest quality.
The Dance Conservatory of Maryland offers classes for all ages and levels of interest. DCM has an early dance and recreational program that offer the very best dance training for students ages 18 months through adult in a friendly and positive learning environment.
The Dance Conservatory of Maryland also offers an elementary and pre-professional ballet program for students who attend classes multiple times per week.
At the Dance Conservatory of Maryland, we take pride in our training philosophy that encompasses a 'whole-student' approach designed to promote the highest standards of classroom behavior, assist students’ discovery of their strengths and challenges, create a nurturing and professional atmosphere which supports leadership, mentorship and friendships.
DCM is the only YPAD (Youth Protection Advocates in Dance) Certified Studio in Harford County, Maryland. We are committed to age appropriate artistic choices and healthy teaching techniques. Educators at YPAD Certified studios are committed to being positive role models, both in person and online, and are committed to keeping youth happy, healthy, and safe in all dance environments.
Students at the Dance Conservatory of Maryland have the opportunity to participate in professional productions with Ballet Chesapeake as well as informal presentations at the studio theater and other venues throughout the community.
Dancers from our training programs have received scholarships and/or been accepted at the following schools and companies:
DCM Students were also honored with the following awards:
Dancers should arrive for class with the following:
• Dance bag
• Hand sanitizer
• Water bottle
• Face covering
• Dressed for class (dressing rooms will be closed)
• Dance shoes and other class items
Drop Off Procedure:
• All vehicles must pull up TO THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING TO DCM'S
• Plan to arrive no more than 10 minutes before class time.
• Cars must stay in line for drop off
• Masks are required to enter end exit facility.
• Health screening will be conducted by staff while dancer is in vehicle. (Review
health screening questions below)
• If dancer passes screening, parent/guardian must turn in parent
agreement (Download, review, and sign below)
• After receiving parent agreement, dancer may exit vehicle, sanitize hands, and
Pick Up Procedure:
• Cars must stay IN LINE with passenger door closest to our building.
• DO NOT PARK IN BACK DOOR PARKING SPACES
• All vehicles must pull up to the back door of the building
• Parent/guardians must remain in vehicle.
• Dancer will be directed to their vehicle by DCM staff or volunteers
Masks and class activities:
· Masks are required for parents and dancers to enter and exit facility.
· We encourage students to wear a disposable paper mask or other face covering that is easy to breathe in throughout the duration of the class for the protection of themselves and others. We know that when everyone wears a mask, everyone is more protected. We appreciate you having this conversation with your dancer and having them try.
· We understand that some medical conditions may limit the ability to wear a face covering. If there is a specific reason that your dancer should not wear a face covering, please let us know ahead of time.
· Instructors will plan classes to accommodate a slow build up to more aerobic activity over time, and will check in with how students are feeling.
· Class activities will be structured to maintain the maximum distance possible between dancers.
· Floors and barres will be taped off with a space for each dancer to help maintain physical distancing
· Masks will be optional for activities held outside where students can be six feet or more apart.
New Policies and Procedures:
· Smaller class sizes per restricted occupancy
· Class times have been adjusted to ensure time for the dancers to get in and out of the studio without a crowd, to provide time to wipe down the equipment between each class and for teachers to thoroughly wash their hands.
· Staff will have required safety and hygiene training
· Temperature checks and health evaluations of the staff prior to work
· Temperature checks of all those entering building
· Drop off and pick up outside with no parents entering the building or waiting in the lobby.
· Anyone with symptoms of runny nose, excessive sneezing, coughing, or elevated temperature will not be allowed in our facility
· Anyone in contact with someone who has/had Covid-19 should not come to the studio. Stay home and self quarantine.
· If a dancer misses class due to illness, we will ask that dancers first try to make up the class. If a make up is not possible, we are happy to pro-rate a credit to your account.
Cleaning and Facility Changes:
· Additional intensified disinfecting of the facility throughout each day in addition to daily commercial cleaning
· Mandatory hand sanitation for staff and students prior to participation and afterwards
· Sneeze guard at front desk and checkout areas
· Bathroom monitors sanitizing frequently
· Touch-less paper towel dispenser and soap dispensers
· Water fountain closed, dancers must bring their own water bottles
· Dressing rooms will be closed
WHAT IF MY DANCER NEEDS TO MISS CLASS DUE TO ILLNESS OR EXPOSURE TO COVID-19?
If your dancer is not able to attend classes because they do not pass the health screening questions required to enter the building, DCM will provide a makeup class time or a credit to your DCM account to be used for future classes.
WILL PRIVATE LESSONS CONTINUE?
Yes! Private lessons are a great option to maintain social distancing. Please contact the DCM office with your availability to schedule private coaching.
WHAT IF DCM NEEDS TO CLOSE AGAIN DUE TO COVID-19?
If DCM does have to close again for any reason, we will be moving the schedule to virtual classes at 60% tuition rate and credit the remainder of tuition to your accounts.